Sun, sun, and more sun


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
October 3rd 2011
Published: October 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sun, sun and more sun!

Today was the perfect holiday weather - slightly too hot, wide blue skies and a very pleasant breeze blowing off the sea.  We spent several very pleasant hours clambering over some Phoenician ruins which included numerous spectacular mosaic floors.  But, you know, the old adage of 'you can't please all of the people all of the time' rang very true today.  We chatted to the couple on the next table to us at lunch and asked if they'd been ashore today.  To which the husband replied "oh no, every time this damned ship stops somewhere, there's another wretched Roman ruin".  And that followed another strange conversation with a couple yesterday.  We asked if they'd cruised before.  "Oh no and I won't cruise ever again either.  I hate the way you're surrounded by water all the time."  Seems like the pleasures of cruising just don't suit everyone!

Tomorrow is Sicily and its capital Palermo.  This will be one of our weirder days as we're going down into the Catacombs to view lots and lots of dead bodies!  I last visited this strange tourist destination over 30 years ago and some of them weren't looking their best then so goodness only knows how they will be looking now.  Might only have a light lunch tomorrow!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.496s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 7; ; mem: 1mb