Noosa/Brisbane/Byron/Back in Sydney


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
November 5th 2009
Published: November 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we left hervey bay and went to noosa where we stayed for a couple of nights. it was nice there and it was really hot. on one of the days we went to australia zoo which is steve irwins zoo and that was absolutely fantastic, it was so much fun, i still need to put the pictures on facebook! then we headed to brisbane and started looking for jobs. me and lisa got jobs selling mineral makeup in shopping centers around brisbane and they even provided us with accommodation so we moved into the house and laura and leanna were still hunting for jobs but decided to keep going down the coast to get jobs in sydney so we had to say goodbye to them which was very sad. but after two days of doing the job i decided i couldnt handle it because it was very strongly sales orientated and your wage highly depended on your commission and i'm too soft for sales so i quit. lisa loved it and was really good at it but didnt want to be left on our own so decided to come with me but our boss who was lovely (and looked liked james mcavoy phwoar) said he could transfer her to the sydney branch. so we got the oz bus down the coast, we had to skip out surfers (everyone we know said it's overrated anyway) and then met laura and leanna in byron bay but only stayed one night in this crazy tipi with bunk beds we kept falling off and it was freezing but nevermind! then we all headed to surf camp which was a compulsory stop but we didnt surf. then it was a long journey on the bus back to sydney. when we got there it kind of felt like home which was nice. we're staying in a pretty horrible hostel though, but it was the cheapest we could find. we've been job and house hunting for a few days. lisa already has her job sorted and is starting tomorrow. i went for an interview today and got the job, its a posh spa in the big shopping center in bondi junction and i start on saturday. we've tapped into a good source of cheap furnished apartments so hopefully we'll find somewhere to live tomorrow and then it'll all come together! It's really stressful at the moment trying to find work and living places at the same time but we're trying to stay positive!!

xXx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb