Day 1


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
November 9th 2008
Published: November 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 1:
After a rough first day at sea, we have now found our “sea legs” and are able to eat without feeling like we are going to vomit! However, we still haven’t found our balance and continue to stagger through the hallways and fall into walls like drunks. We had a cloudy day with late day rain showers, but we are hoping tomorrow will be better. There is a hurricane hitting Cuba 2 days away from us but we should be far ahead of it by the time we get to St. Maarten. Jesse made us get up at 6am this morning to reserve chairs with a towel….when we got outside there chairs were still stacked and the crew was cleaning the decks….needless to say this is not a young ship and the “sunny seats” aren’t really in high demand. We got outside after our breakfast at ~10 and there was still about 95% of seats available! This is no Cancun.
Tonight was formal night and we got to put on our fancy clothes. We had a delicious dinner, who knew they had a new menu every night? (well Eric did but I didn’t, it’s Jesse writing now). We heard a good joke the other night, which pretty much describes the average age of the ship. From an older gentleman at the table next to us “You know, the menu says they have swordfish…………long pause…….but do they have knifefish.” Snicker snicker snicker. Yes, it’s definitely an older crowd. We’ve become slightly fearful of “old man” commentary, which we fear will only get worse as the week progresses. Woulda, coulda, shoulda packed some swim suits with a little more coverage, yee. Haha.
We went dancing tonight and I must say, without our formal dancing lessons, we look pretty dancing retarded compared to the others. We have had great food and look forward to meeting more entertaining people. We miss you all and hope to write again soon!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1000.1kb