Edit Blog Post
Published: March 4th 2018
Bat Cave Refuge Cove
Look we found the Bat Cave
The swell had subsided overnight, but remained a bit rolly this morning. This is not what we wanted in the cove. The cove has 13 boats anchored, all waiting for the next front to pass which is expected to hit around 11am. Everyone slept until late morning and the day was spent waiting waiting for the weather to change once again.
Photo caption: "Holy cow Batman, the bat cave!"
Late in the morning probably closer to lunchtime we ventured over to Heatwave, the catamaran with us for a coffee. Whilst we we there the Brighton catamaran broke anchor and took off straight for us. The speed was incredible, we all thought it had its motor going, fortunately Andrew started his cat and moved forward about 2 feet and the wayward catamaran pulled up about 2 feet from the back of Andrews cat. A very close near miss collision! After that we all decided to go back to our own boats to be ready if any other boat broke anchorage.
The day was slow, we were still tired from yesterday, but we did a bit of a tidy up and before we knew it, it was beer o'clock - but everyone stayed on their own boats - just in case, as weather front had still not come in. The weather hit about 6.30pm, so much for a protected cove - we had waves breaking in the cove and rather than a westerly which we were sheltering from it was a strong northerly wind. Don't we love boating......... Some of the Brighton boats chose to re-anchored at the northern end for a bit more protection. The other QCYC yacht that has been here since Saturday had it's dingy capsized by the winds on Sunday - apparently it rolled about three times with the motor still attached. So they sailed into Port Welshpool on Monday & stayed there overnight whilst the engine was cleaned up - water in the carby isn't good I'm told.
Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.068s; cc: 3; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:saturn w:www (18.104.22.168); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.3mb