Whitsundays Sailing


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific » Coral Sea
November 9th 2008
Published: November 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So after leaving Cairns last saturday we arived in this little town (although I'd more say it was a street) called Prosepine just nearby Airlie Beach. We got there at night and then we worked the day after. had to get up at 5 am and leave for work an hour later. and then we picked tomatoes for one day. I got sunstroke and got sick and Lisa pulled through but we decided it was just not woth it. and so we grabbed our stuff and the next day we were out of there. Jumped the next bus down to Airlie Beach and here we are. Stayed at a hostel and met up with our english pal from the plane, and some people from our cruise in Cairns, pretty amazing to meet up again.

Meet alot of fun people from Melbourne and some americans on our first days in Airlie Beach. The day before our Whitsundays trip we went out to a beach, aprox 40 minutes away from here. took us a long time to get there, getting lost, boiling engine and other weird stuff. Had a cool day at the beach chillin and hanging out. And in the end
Whitehaven beachWhitehaven beachWhitehaven beach

bad weather unfortunately
we realized thet we would not be able to drive back at night so we slept on the beach!! And had so much troubble getting the car back on the road since it was stuck in the sand on the beach but after a few hours of hard work we finally made it and got back to Airlie again.

And now Im here. back form our sailing trip. we sailed around the whitsundays islands, there are about 75 of them. so got to know a good amount of 25 people+crew. Whitsundays bigges attraction it whitehaven Beach and we almost were'nt able to go there but this morning the skipper took us down there. even though the weather was awfull it was raining and chilly, we got to go there. and yey, since the wind was north the days before she took us to a place they can't visit that often because of the wind, an amazing place for scuba dicing and snorkelling. saw alot of humpheaded parrotfish (I think that's the name at least) and got to swim with a turtle again! How awesome it that?!?! I think we will hang around here for a couple of days see if they need any people to work on boats cuz we're never going back to fruit picking.

Take care, I will upload photos as soon as possible!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb