Turn The Wheel Towards Home - Cruising Day Thursday


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Caribbean
February 6th 2014
Published: February 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Pre-BreakfastPre-BreakfastPre-Breakfast

On our balconies
Yahooooo - Wake up......another fabulous day is calling. Today we are back sailing....time to begin the seafaring journey home. Not wanting to miss out on any of this opulent luxury, we ordered a light breakfast from room service. Here the four of sat on our adjoining balconies, sipping our coffee, snacking on pastries, laughing from our hearts as the world floated by under us. Can this truly be real or am I still asleep in that heavenly bed? We are a very happy foursome with so much to appreciate. My mind and eyes are having a difficult time taking all of this in. It is truly sensory overload. We have been taken to a new world that never existed for us before. It has been overwhelming. We are in awe of it all and so grateful to have this experience and then top it off by sharing it with our good friends......it just doesn't get any better! Licking our lips from our pre-breakfast....now it's time to go for the main breakfast. They say "if one is good: two is better"....right? This is when I really got crazy. Chocolate was worked into the massive menu so trying to put a governor on
FionaFionaFiona

Loves Lulu and Sam
my appetite center, my breakfast consisted of only two selections: a chocolate milkshake and a chocolate parfait. Good, huh? You can tell I am really trying to eat healthy and with moderation in the calorie department. Hey...I'm okay. Look, someone bigger than me came by our breakfast table for a visit. Fiona, from the movie Shrek, loved Lulu and Sam. Now, she's a BIG gal....of course, it's all costume but made me feel like Nicole Richie for a moment. Next, we made a trip to one of the ship's shops to buy a souvenir T-shirt. I think I got a 4xxx size. One of the main highlights today was a parade down the Promenade. We found our center seats early and enjoyed more coffee and cookies and pizza. God, do you think I'll die from overeating before I leave this floating pantry of deliciousness? The parade was so festive with throngs of colorful participants. Even Shrek & Fiona were there. What's next: hmmmmm, guess. Guess What Time It Is! Yes, you're right. Time for lunch. Too much! I don't think my feet are swollen...I think they are full of food!! Kind of like skin covered grocery carts...if only they had wheels so I could get around faster. After the latest "gorge", a review of the ship's activities proved too much...too many choices, too many decisions. Sam went back to their room for a little rest....sounded good so we followed suit. Hit that heavenly bed and we were out....missed the 1/2 price cocktail hour plus our own wine celebratory gathering.....we woke up with minutes to spare to dress for........yep, another correct answer: dinner time! Tonight was formal dress again. I soon will be wearing the bed sheet as I bulge out of my clothes. Oh, Good Lord.....the menu choices tonight were fabulous. I know they wrote it just for me. First, escargot....then a wild mushroom pastry. The main course was lobster tail and shrimp...not one but two. The waiter removed the tail from the shell for us.....hand and foot service....I Love It.... they don't do this at the Ale House. We have been so spoiled with all this individualized and attentive service. Please, don't let it end...... Pleeeease. Dessert was Baked Alaska. Sam had Grand Mariner Soufflé. How will we go back to Lorna Doones and Oreos? Stuffed to the gills, we trolled along to our next show: Come Fly We Me. It is just like being in Las Vegas or the NYC theater district. The shows are terrific. This show had it all: singing, dancing, acrobats, trapeze artists and great scenery and props. Our energizer bunny leader, Sandy, takes us on to one more stop: The Battles of The Sexes contest. It provided an hour of laughs. Crawling and dragging along the floor, we made our way back to our rooms for another night of dead sleep. We enjoy leaving our balcony door open - so with the sound of the splashing waves and the slight sway of the ship....we're down and out for the call! Sweet Dreams, Everyone!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Lunch at the PortholeLunch at the Porthole
Lunch at the Porthole

Come Fly With Me Show
WowwwwwWowwwww
Wowwwww

Lobster & Shrimp plus Baked Alaska
Dear FriendsDear Friends
Dear Friends

Sandy & Sam
Handsome MenHandsome Men
Handsome Men

Blues Brothers
Our Anniversary DessertOur Anniversary Dessert
Our Anniversary Dessert

Moving Bar: Up and Down it goes


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.2kb