Getting settled in is a good thing


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Caribbean
December 22nd 2008
Published: December 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Front of the WestinFront of the WestinFront of the Westin

This is the main entry of the Westin resort, taken from Eats across the street.
We arrived safely Saturday and stayed one night at the Westin Casaurina resort & spa. Pretty much just your decent hotel room. I've gotten so spoiled staying in time share condos! We had to get an airbed for Sam and it took them over two hours to bring it after I'd asked for it, and, it was HUGE...easily a queen sized, and it was very thick as well, thicker than my mattress at home. Sam was very comfortable, to say the least!

Activities Saturday included the grocery store run (they are closed Sundays so everyone needs to go on arrival and check in), liquor store (we needed to go to two because the first one didn't have "my" rum stocked, oh horror, but Mom saved the day at the Tortuga store), and of course some pool time for the kid. I hung out in the room and didn't go to the pool (I was waiting for the airbed).

On Sunday, we got up at a decent hour and put ourselves together to go to breakfast. Went to Eats Cafe right across the street and the food was great. There's a coupon in the Cayman Activity Guide for a 3.99
Figment and the SandmanFigment and the SandmanFigment and the Sandman

Figment found a wonderful sand sculpture!
meal so we got two of those and blueberry pancakes...and all three of us managed to be fed.

Then it was BEACH TIME! I have been telling everyone that my main goal for this trip is to come back tan...so I bought myself some SPF 8 suntan lotion, instead of sun block, and I am on a mission. Sam wanted to swim, of course, so we took snorkels down to the beach and everyone was happy. We stayed down there until about 11. Checkout time was noon.

It wasn't easy to find the first condo. We're staying the first week at the 7 Mile Beach Club timeshare, which we got on an exchange. There is no sign! And the office isn't marked, either. But Mom had a map that it was marked on, so we came to where the map said, and then she and Sam got out and hunted down the office. One funny thing, we had considered that we wouldn't be able to check in until 4 because that's what we are used to at our home resort...and the lady in the office told Mom she leaves at 4 on Sundays, so if we had waited we would have been SOL! So we got right into the room (unit 33) and took lots of pictures, and then relaxed on the balcony for a while to enjoy being here and settled in for the first week.

Activities Sunday...we walked on the beach, went to the pool here at the condo, had spaghetti for dinner. Just chilled.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1002.7kb