26 Feb 2017 – at Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
February 27th 2017
Published: February 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Welcome aboard for a nice quite day of sailing. We have been moving constantly northeast since leaving port yesterday and the seas have been nice and smooth all day. The temperature was supposed to reach the high 80s but we had overcast skies all morning and partly cloudy in the afternoon. It probably didn’t get much above 80 all day. Around lunch time, the clouds were so low and thick that the ship had to sound its foghorn for about half an hour.



Like at home, everyone periodically needs to do their laundry and today was our laundry day. This wouldn’t be noteworthy except that it’s a good thing we did because they are working on the water system and will not permit any laundry during the next 4 days. Fortunately we are fully outfitted with clean clothes as of today.



We had intended to go to the dining room for breakfast, but we were short of time before Knitters & Knatters began so we ate in the Horizon Court. Janet went to meet with her knitting friends, A lot of them are leaving in Buenos Aires so this may be their last meetings and
Our Dinning CompanionsOur Dinning CompanionsOur Dinning Companions

with Edna and Gorica
she wanted to show off a scarf she finished yesterday. Of course there are bound to be more coming on-board, so they will likely restart the group when we start having sea days again.



In the meantime, David was able to upload some pictures for yesterday’s blog (in case you haven’t noticed them yet). There were quite a few people in the Internet Center complaining that they had lost minutes from their account and wanting the manager to return some minutes. The techie might as well have been wearing a nametag saying “Santa Claus” for what everyone was asking. We are running low in our shipboard internet accounts but will get a new supply of minutes starting in a few days.



Later David went to talk to the Future Cruise consultant. We currently have a cruise from Venice booked next April and are thinking about one in New England/Canada for the Fall of 2019. That schedule does not come out until the end of this year, so nothing is more than just ideas right now, but we have talked about trying to get together with some of our past cruising friends and this could
Internet CenterInternet CenterInternet Center

on Crown Princess
be a possibility. Anyway, we were checking to see if our unused cruise credits could be used at that time and through some manipulation of the Princess system that may be available.



We went to lunch at the Pizzeria and had some pepperoni pizzas. Then we settled in for a restful afternoon in the cabin. First we took a few pictures around the ship and then spent the rest of the afternoon watching a movie (Jason Bourne – 2016). Throw in a little more needlework and a nap, and we had a good restful afternoon.



This evening’s dinner was the 3rd Formal Night for this cruise. We got a picture of our whole group and both our servers. Janet had Shrimp Cocktail, Roasted Tomato Soup, and Beef Wellington. David had Tian of Crab, Caesar Salad with Anchovies, and Lobster Tail with Prawns. For dessert Janet had Floating Islands and David had Cheesecake. After dinner we went to the evening show in the theater. Tonight was a concert violinist who was very good. She played a wide variety of pieces and we really enjoyed the show.



Sometime people ask if a Sea Day is boring, but our answer is that it can be restful and refreshing. On a transatlantic cruise then all the sea days are together, but so far this cruise they have been interspersed with days in port. This is a really enjoyable way to vacation.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb