Cruising the Atlantic Ocean


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
February 19th 2016
Published: February 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Friday 19th February, 2016. Cruising the Atlantic Ocean



After breakfast we sat in the Captain's Bar while D did his puzzles and M caught up with some blogs and downloaded the photos from the camera. We went for a slightly early lunch and then went out on the deck for the judging of the boat building competition. As the sea was a bit rough Ross informed us that the pool could not be filled so the boats could not be floated today. They had got a paddling pool in case of this event but it turned out Katie had purchased a pool cover (with tie holes) rather than the actual paddling pool. Therefore, the competition would be in two parts: initial judging today and the float test tomorrow. This is a competition which we had seen once before on our long Van Gogh cruise where the passengers have to build a boat using only re-cyclable items and things from the ship (but not fixtures and fittings!). There were 6 entries. The Captain came down to judge. M took some photos of the entries and the competitors.



Tea today was a special chocolate buffet held in the Waldorf Restaurant. Everything was made of chocolate. M had some marangue and a white chocolate covered banana.



After dinner the show was "Around the World" which was pretty good even though we had seen it before on another ship. The cabaret was duets by the show team which was enjoyable but not as good as some we have seen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.9kb