At Sea En Route to Gran Canaria


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
January 8th 2016
Published: January 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Friday 8th January At Sea En Route to Gran Canaria



On Friday D went for breakfast while M had a lie in. The Painting on Silk session which M loves was overfull so she went and made a fridge magnet instead. At 11 am we went to the lecture which was called "A Personal Introduction to South America" We have seen a guy on board a number of times who reminds of a friend of ours in our Globetrotters Group in the U3A Costa Brava. The likeness is incredible - such that we both thought it was our friend Paul the first time we saw him. Imagine our suprise then 'Paul' steps on the stage to deliver the lecture. His real name is Clive Leatherdale and we both thoroughly enjoyed his lecture - although M wanted to give him a Powerpoint lesson at the end of it! He must have restarted and flicked through the slides to catch up at least 4 times.



We dined in the resturant at lunchtime. M had gammon with an orange coloured parsley sauce! At 15.30 we went to the photography lecture which was entitled "Putting People in their Place". It was really full but we managed to get a seat in a good position. Dinner with Stewart and Pam was good fun as usual and afterwards we went to see the second performance from Andy Leach. He was better tonight - apparently he was really suffering with sea sickness last night. He is disembarking in Las Palmas so we won't see him again. After the show we went to the Scotts Bar to listen to Katie (one of the show group singers) perform a cabaret of songs from musicals. M, Pam and Stewart really enjoyed it -but it wasn't D's thing. After this Pam and Stewart retired but M and D stayed on for the disco. The music was really good and quite a few folk stuck around for a boogie and a drink - a pleasant change from the last few cruises we have done.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb