BLT Day #7: 50 is a really good number!


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
April 30th 2015
Published: April 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I do remember being 50 and, as well as I can recall, it was a very good year. On board Princess cruises this year, there are two 50th Anniversary celebrations. First, it's Princess Cruise Lines 50th Anniversary, and they are celebrating it every day in a new way. We've had a 60's rock and roll party; a 70's disco party on the pool deck - with interviews from the original "Love Boat" cast show on the outdoor screen; tomorrow will be an 80's party and there are lots of other things to come. It's a pretty good year to be cruising on a Princess ship!

It's also the 50th anniversary of "Sound of Music" and today, they showed the director's cut of the movie on the outdoor big screen - a sing-a-long version complete with lyrics. Very cool! Then our SoM "choir" continues to practice for our big performance on May4th. There are about 100 people who've been having an absolute blast practicing several songs - and choreography. None of us are giving up day jobs, but the Cruise Director/Choir Master has made it such a fun experience.

Time is going by quickly. Bowen and I were surprised when we realized that we're almost half way through this leg of the trip. But we are taking time each day to be still and be grateful for the experience!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb