June 10 - At sea again


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
June 10th 2023
Published: June 10th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Hello from the Isle of Man, as we cruise between Ireland and Wales, on our way to Falmouth England tomorrow morning. Today has been smooth seas with sunny skies and the temperature about 60 degrees. Unfortunately, we haven't really been enjoying it very much as we have spent most of the time in our cabin. We both came down with sniffles and we have avoided most of the ship activities today. There are some cabins with little tables in front of their door where the people have been officially quarantined and the table serves for food deliveries. We don't think it is anything that serious, but we are simply keeping a low profile today. Today has become another day of rest for the most part.

We had a light breakfast in Horizon Court before it got very crowded. Then Janet went down to the Knitter's Meeting to say goodbye to some of her new friends who will be leaving the ship in a couple of days. And we got another load of laundry run through the laundromat this morning to restock all our necessary clothes. But otherwise, we have stayed in the cabin. Well, David did run to the Pizza Place to bring back a few slices of pepperoni, and drinks, and desserts, but otherwise we have been staying inside.

We watched another movie this afternoon - one of the 3 Kingman's adventure movies - and have added the other 2 to our watchlist. Janet is trying to finish her e-book which is supposed to expire in a couple of days, and David continues on his paperback. His only problem is continuing to fall asleep after a few pages, so overall progress is pretty slow for him.

Everyone received certificates saying that we had crossed the Arctic Circle. So, we have another souvenir.

A few jokes for today: Why did the nurse need a red pen? In case she needed to draw blood. There was a woman who fainted on the London Eye ferris wheel, but she is slowly coming around. What did the bald man say when he was given a comb as a present? "I will never part with it."

We did go to the dining room for dinner this evening. There were only 5 of us at the table as 3 others were a "no show". We both had Steak Diane tonight and it was good. It was also very large. For appetizer, Janet had Onion Soup and David had pears with blue cheese and pecans, and chilled sour cherry soup. For dessert Janet had watermelon sorbet and David had apple pie crumble. A very yummy meal.

800 people are staying on for the next cruise, but many of the people will be leaving the ship in Southhampton on Monday. On our way back from dinner, one of Janet's stitching friends asked if she was staying on for more knitting. Yes, we are staying but not just because of knitting.

To that end, they brought us a resupply of the Elite drink package today instead of waiting until it was so busy with new passengers joining in England. So, we have plenty of fluids to keep ourselves hydrated in the cabin. Oh yes, David did go to the bar to get a couple more bottles of water too, but otherwise we have avoided most of the other passengers - aren't we considerate.

We did not go to the show in the Princess Theater this evening. Instead, we watched another movie on TV called "Spy". Then we will probably get to bed early this evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb