May 27 – Day 4 – at Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
May 27th 2023
Published: May 28th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

This includes a couple of pictures from yesterday and one from today.

Last night we sailed through the weather front off Florida's coast, so the ride was a little bumpy. But we were safely tucked into bed and actually slept pretty well. It was a little tricky walking when we had to get up in the night, but no real problems. However, we slept so late in the morning that we missed the dining room hours, and we had breakfast in the Horizon Court.

Today was the first meeting of the knitting group on the cruise and Janet showed off some of her needlework. Good news for the Hook & Needle people back at home, she has finished a scarf already. At the same time David watched the Martini Demonstration where they mixed a variety of martinis with plenty of flair. There was so much shaking and flipping of the bottles that it was hard to get a photo. Then the audience got to sample some of the martinis - David watched without participating.

At lunchtime we went up to the Lido Deck and had pepperoni pizza at the Pizzeria. Anyone who knows our grandson will realize how glad Patterson will be to hear that it is still very good. Then for dessert Janet had a brownie mousse but David had one of the “premium desserts”. It was a tall column of vanilla ice cream and cheesecake bits, in a glass that was coated in frozen chocolate and sprinkles. There was also strawberry syrup, a chocolate wedge, a marshmallow and some kind of rock candy stick on top. Luckily Janet was willing to help share the dessert. David took a picture using his cell phone and we will try to move it to the laptop to add to the blog. Since the phones are on airplane mode though, this may be more tricky than usual.

Back in our cabin during the afternoon, Janet watched a movie (Ticket to Paradise) and David read some of his book.

The afternoon "position report" said that we had crossed beyond the weather and the cruising should be smoother than last night. The high temperature today was about 77 with a 20-knot wind. We were about 220 miles off the coast, about Charleston South Carolina. A few people had been using the pool today, but we did not bring our swimming suits for an Iceland trip.

Dinner was in the Bordeau dining room. Janet had the Fettuccini Alfredo and David had jerk chicken. We also had appetizers and desserts. Then we went back to the cabin. Janet stayed and watched another movie (Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris) and David went to the Princess Theater to see a magic show. It was more of a comedian doing a few magic tricks, but it was pretty entertaining.

That is about all for tonight. See you tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.8kb