Boo


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Sargasso Sea
November 1st 2010
Published: November 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

October 30, 31 - Boo

The seas are calmer today and the wind has died down. The Captain is ducking storms and doing a great job.
Today is the CruiseCritic Cabin Crawl but first there is the lecture on the founding of the EU to attend and lunch and reading and a little sun.
The group meets at the Pinnacle Bar. We are 45 strong and some are wearing Halloween masks. The purpose of the crawl is two fold. One we all get to see the various cabins and second we get to party hardy. My cabin is on the list and it is the least impressive of the lot but there are bats hanging from the ceiling and the lights are out and eerie sounds are echoing down the hallway.
We visit superior verandahs, deluxe verandahs, standard suites and deluxe suites and end up in the penthouse. Fred and Ann we gracious enough to allow us to end our crawl and show us all what a whole bunch of money will buy. Some of us bring wine and HAL furnishes appetizers and Carrol and Coney and Dan bring their instruments and play bluegrass music and all had a good time.
The penthouse has three large rooms, Living room, a dining room that seats six, and a huge bedroom. There is a kitchen, bath with a Jacuzzi, and a dressing room with wall-to-wall closets. The deck that borders the unit has a Jacuzzi hot tub, deck chairs, a dining table that sits six and chairs and end tables. There are fresh flowers everywhere and sliding doors lead from the dining room and bedroom to the verandah.
The crawl was good fun and later Bob, Bev and I had lovely dinner at the Tamarind, a pan-Asian restaurant. The show tonight was a pianist with a Transylvanian flare and quite good and inventive and funny.

October 31

The seas are like glass and the sky dotted with fluffy clouds. The highlight of the day was the Hold’em tournament where I came in second. We split the pot again and I came away $165 ahead. Played in the cash game for a while but the cards are cold and after losing $14 I decided to finish my second book. I am rereading the W.E.B.Griffin series about the Marines in the Pacific in WWII.
Before dinner I head to the Pinnacle Bar. The Casino appears to be the only area of the ship decorated for Halloween. A few of the passengers are costume and a few more are wearing masks. The bluegrass trio is having an impromptu concert and folks wander in and out to hear them. They are amateurs and do this for a hobby.
Chuck, Rita, Carol and I have a lively political discussion at dinner. It’s so good to preach to the choir. We are out of satellite range and won’t have CNN or the BBC Word news until Friday. I’ll have to rely on the Internet for election results or maybe I’ll just wait. It’s so depressing to think that people will vote for the folks who brought on financial collapse and a trillion dollar deficit not to mention attacking the wrong target after 9/11 and letting the villains hide in their caves. The sad fact is that they have no intention of doing anything differently.
I meet Bob and Bev in the showroom but don’t stay for the comic. Just not in the mood. Head off to read and relax. Close to 100% well now. Don’t want to blow it.

Note: I am neither in the North Atlantic or the Sargasso Sea but I have to choose something or I can't post.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.2kb