May 6 - Another Day at Sea


Advertisement
Published: May 8th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Hello from somewhere in the Atlantic.

For some reason, the BLOG has been suspected to be a SPAMMER. It has taken a little while to get that corrected. Hopefully this can get posted soon.

Well, we missed it by “that much” – meaning 5 minutes. With the clock having been moved forward we just didn’t get up in time and skipped Breakfast again. Since the clock is changing another hour again tonight, breakfast may be questionable again. But we did have lunch at 11:35 up at the buffet again – on this ship it is called the World Market instead of Horizon Court.

If anyone wants to tour around the ship with us, the deck plans should be found at this URL:

http://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess

We are in cabin D224 (pictures to be included someday). It is on the port side, just ahead of the forward elevators. That means that regardless of where we want to go, we always make a right turn out of our cabin and don’t have to think about it.

If David heard correctly over the noise in the buffet line, today’s “noon report” said we still have 2357 miles to go to our first port. However, it is pretty windy today and that was making the seas choppier. It was scenic for viewing, but the ride was a little bumpy. There was lot of waves in the pools as the ship rocked back and forth. Janet had to break out her sea-sick bracelets and they are helping. So, we returned to our cabin and spent the afternoon watching TV and reading.

By the way, somehow the internet is more stable today, so David was able to go back to the previous entry and add a couple of pictures.

Tonight was the first official Formal Night – as opposed to our dress rehearsal yesterday. As such we get free appetizers in the cabin. They were ordered for 4:00 but did not come. We went to the buffet at 5:15 since we could not get any reservations in the Coral Dining Room, or elsewhere. This was actually the first time on a Formal Night when we hadn’t gotten dressed up, and it is the first time on any cruise we had dinner other than in one of the ships dining rooms. Actually, the food was very good. We both had Chicken Cordon Blue and a couple of pastas. Janet was eating light, but David also had a slice of Roast Turkey Breast, and some Goulash, with a Potato Rosette. He also got a glass of cold Gazpacho. We had 3 different desserts, which we split.

We went back to the cabin for the evening and watched a movie, "Black Hawk Down", while doing some stitching. When we got back to the cabin, our appetizers were waiting in our cabin.

Good night!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 982.9kb