Shopping & More Shopping


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
September 9th 2013
Published: September 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

KatakolonKatakolonKatakolon

View from our balcony of the town. We sat at the waterfront cafes and walked the Main Street.
Geo: 37.65, 21.3167

Katakolon is a small town on the coast very near where the Olympics first began over 2000 years ago. It's about a 45 minute drive out to the site to see the ruins. Mom is getting tired of ruins. She says that if you want to see something ruined, check out my knee. Our next stop is Venice so in order to let her leg rested up, we skipped the history lesson and stayed in town where she just walked the 3 blocks of the Main Street.

We arrived in this port later than usual, at 10am and we had to leave by 4:30pm so we didn't have a lot of time anyway. There were some nice shops to see and Mom liked that. Quite a few dress and clothes shops and the usual jewelry. One store had nothing but wood products made from olive tree wood. Beautiful. Lots to see. We sat at a restaurant on the wharf looking at the ship in the distance and enjoying the afternoon. They were doing a lifeboat drill on board and we could see the process from our table.

We went back to the ship about 3. I tried for any free wifi
Nail jobNail jobNail job

Mom shows off her nails she had done on the ship yesterday. $29.95 but watch out for the extras. I should have been there to block for Mom. Defense! Defense!
but none available. We skipped the fancy dinner, went to the buffet instead and then to the 8pm show. Tonight it was acrobats and magicians. Tomorrow is a sea day followed by Venice. Hopefully, Karen's knee will feel better by then.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Mom checking the linesMom checking the lines
Mom checking the lines

On our way into town. Her leg is still sore but shopping helps.
Me too.Me too.
Me too.

Mom had to take one of me.
ShopsShops
Shops

Some shops in town.
Just another store in Katakolon Just another store in Katakolon
Just another store in Katakolon

One of many stores on the street.
NoordamNoordam
Noordam

View from the dockside restaurant of our ship.
Beer is good after a hard day of shoppingBeer is good after a hard day of shopping
Beer is good after a hard day of shopping

Just keeping an eye on the ship.
Mom's knee is giving out. Mom's knee is giving out.
Mom's knee is giving out.

She needed a rest before heading back to the ship.
My lucky day!My lucky day!
My lucky day!

Just happened across this Rolex dealer. He had a beautiful watch with diamonds valued at over $50,000 for €2500 cash. What an opportunity! It took me some time to gather up the money but a deal like this comes only once and he was nice enough to wait. It's solar powered (no batteries needed) so he said it will start working after it sits in sunlight for a while. It comes with a life time guarantee too. He normally doesn't offer this price but he liked me. I think he lost money on this deal but, oh well, he just wasn't up to dealing with a shrewd businessman I guess. Who's your daddy!


18th September 2013

Rolex is pretty well known for licensing their product to street vendors who only deal in cash. You got one heck of a deal.

Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0169s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb