Four More Days at Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
March 3rd 2016
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.8704, -175.254

We lose March 2nd by crossing the international dateline at 4:02 p.m. on March 1st. The captain announced the upcoming time during his daily announcement, but there was no fanfare at the time we crossed. We did find a certificate to commemorate the crossing in the suite after the evening turndown service. During the noon navigational report today, the captain said we have 10,094 meters under the keel. That is the deepest water we have been through.

During the days at sea, we are still walking 10,000 steps every day, reading, eating, and going to lectures and shows. We pick up the daily crossword, Sudoku, and brain teaser puzzles most mornings. They are very British-oriented with questions about rugby and BBC announcers and such that make them hard for us. A very good magician—Phillip Hitchcock—is on board, and we have seen him twice. The first show started rather slowly, but then he amazed us several times. His second show was all good. The lectures have been somewhat interesting, but none of the speakers have grabbed our attention enough to compel our attendance at all of them.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb