Robin Hood Bay


Advertisement
Oceania
March 21st 2015
Published: March 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Without a car and predictable hours, my social life has been very limited here, as well as my mobility, leading to many days off where i really did not konw what to do and spent more energy trying to figure out a plan than to actually enjoy the weekend.

This being said, i finally found a buddy and a sunny day to explore the Marlborough coast, and all of this the day before my birthday! :-) What a present in itself.

We started off by doing a tasting and picking up some tasty beer at Moa Brewery down the road, and then drove the windy and perilous Queen Charlotte Drive to get to this beautiful secluded bay in the Marlborough Sounds. Simplicity reigned, sitting down on the beach with a couple beers, and discussing about random things which are happening in our 20s.

Then we decided to stop by the river mouth and throw a line in to try and catch some fish, watching the waves crash wildly on the beach.

The day then ended with friends coming over for a BBQ, and enjoying the beers we had bought at MOA. A real delight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb