Sea Princess to Brunei, Sabah, China, South Korea, Japan, Iwo Jima, Guam, New Guinea.


Advertisement
Oceania
April 9th 2013
Published: April 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

As we crossed the equator the Pollywogs, those who had not crossed it before, were covered with waste (I hope) food. That included crew Pollywogs.

Day 13 Brunei.

Brunei is a Moslem Sultanate with oil; it is rich with the Sultan being one of the richest men in the world. There is no income tax but good medical care and education. There are several beautiful mosques but we only visited the outside of the Jame'Asr Hassanal Bolkiah mosque. Even the naval dry dock was an attractive building.

On a river cruise we saw 3 large white birds, ferns, cycads, mangroves and several Proboscis monkeys but only got a good view of one. Their available territory is shrinking and their future is uncertain.

People, possibly Phillipino immigrants, live by choice in the water village stilt houses over the river. We had lunch a one of these houses. The interior was beautiful. The village includes a mosque and police station.

The Brunei Museum was a beautiful building but we only had time to look at the native plants and animals section.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb