Kununurra


Advertisement
Oceania
June 8th 2011
Published: June 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Pretty smooth flight though the inflight meal of beef reminded me of an old Laurel and Hardy episode where they eat their own shoes. Flew over the ord but not lake argyle unfortunately. Picked up the Pajero and headed into downtown kununurra to pick up supplies only to be told we could't purchase wine before 5pm! Considered waiting an Hour but decided to push on.

Very atmospheric trip to El Questro via the Gibb river road. The controlled burns made for a stunning sunset as we bounced down the gravel road. Got our first taste of Cockburn range vistas.. Stunning.

Checked into Emma Gorge without too many dramas. The tented cabins are just brilliant, even better than our previous glamping experiences. We had one right by the creek on the edge of the camp, great sounds, babbling brook, birdlife and a Dutch couple having a domestic in the next tent. Still not sure why they were sniping at each other in English.
Finished our day with a great meal at the restaurant. Had our first run in with one of the north west's most ferocious predators. It's true what they say about a prehistoric creature whose DNA has remained unchanged for millennia, whose predatory skills are unmatched and whose leathery skin protects the crittter from attack. Yep, the tour bus geriatric truly sits at the top of the food chain, get between them and the buffet table and you're in big big trouble.

Advertisement



Tot: 1.559s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.6kb