Sun, Beach and Surf for Easter Feaster


Advertisement
Oceania
April 25th 2011
Published: April 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

You know you have been working for awhile when you you can't wait for a long weekend! And the way it works out in Australia this year is it is a 5 day long weekend over Easter because Anzac Day falls on the Monday so they moved Easter Monday to Tuesday. Sounds good to us. Brett had been down in Melbourne for a week doing a job for a friend and work was extra busy for me so we were really ready for a break.

After realising this was the case about a month and half ago, and also that the Aussies love their camping, we called around to almost 20 different caravan parks both north and south of Sydney and they were all booked. Guess Easter weekend is almost as popular as Christmas and people book a year in advance, and we needed to find somewhere since both parks we stay at in Sydney were fully booked as well. In the end we ended up finding a spot in Port Stephens at Shoal Bay and I think we made the right choice. It is only about 2 and half hours north of Sydney and I was last here when my friends Di and Shawn were here on their honeymoon (that I tagged along on while Brett was in Singapore), and Brett hadn't been here since our first trip in our caravan when we got here in 2007. Seems like a long time ago!

And as well as lucking out and finding a campsite, we somehow lucked out with the weather. They were forecasting showers and Sydney got quite a bit of rain but we had great weather, it was sunny and beautfiul most of the weekend. Even with the cold I had managed to pick up it was still a great extra long weekend and good to recharge the batteries. And made us realize what we are missing... The open road, the beach, the sun, the no-real-schedule thing, the time to update the blog...


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



2nd May 2011

Easter Weekend
Great location to spend Easter weekend and no doubt relaxing to get out of the city. Glad you guys had a good time and the weather was great. We wish we could have joined you guys.

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb