A Taste of Paradise?


Advertisement
Oceania
April 19th 2010
Published: April 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Finally land! After 7 days including 2 days of the 15th April and 162 hours of being at sea and actually only seeing two birds and having to endure the musical loop of Yesterday Once More, Eight Days a Week, Time after Time and If I Could Turn Back Time, we finally arrived at Tahiti to what? A community that couldn’t be arsed as it’s Sunday and all the locals were having their me time with no shops open and no taxis, a real big help if you want to see some of the island. Why is it when you don't want a taxi they appear as if like magic, yet when you’re in need of one you can stand on a street corner and look a real idiot with your hand raised at anything that has four wheels and in some cases when you’re desperate two! Well not everyone was enjoying their Sunday off as there were a couple of street stalls selling straw but who in the hell needs straw when your cruising the Pacific!!

As there’s not much tell about this piece of paradise maybe we should let you know about our dinner companions, all of whom are Australian although we can’t hold that against them particularly as one of them is ships chaplain, although by the fact that he likes his grog and enjoys a little jacuzzi time shows you how wrong you can be if you judge a book by it’s cover. We’re just glad there’s no sport against Oz on at the moment as we’d never hear the end of things.

We have just heard about the volcano erupting in Iceland and the disruption to flights at the moment and would therefore like to put in an advanced warning that we may be in late for work on 4th May.

We hope to be able to provide a bit more information on the next two ports of call as they will hopefully welcome us with open arms. We’ll keep our fingers crossed that the French influence doesn’t go so far for Moorea and Bora Bora.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb