Wiating in transit- survival airport guide


Advertisement
Oceania
October 29th 2003
Published: October 29th 2003
Edit Blog Post

When spending a long time in airports there are a few essential things you need to do. This was my routine; how I would make the airports of the world my home for over a month.

1. Find out about luggage storage. Is there a place where you can keep your luggage, which is cheap, secure and can be accessed easily?

2. Pick a good sleeping spot. This is the most essential part of airport life, if you don’t get sleep you can’t function. Find somewhere quiet, undisturbed and reasonably comfortable.

3. Find the cheapest place to eat. This isn’t easy; if it’s a big airport there will usually be a cheap food stall tucked away for airport employees and those clever enough to find it.

4. Act innocent and keep a low profile, airports do not consider them selves a hotel. Act like you really don’t want to be there but have nowhere else to go.

There are certain facts you just have to accept. Showers are limited and expensive. you will smell bad and look dirty. Airport lights never go out and sleep is a privilege, get it where and when you can.


Advertisement



Tot: 1.729s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb