Queenstown


Advertisement
Oceania
November 30th 2009
Published: November 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our last blog was from a wet, windy and cold Queenstown - not good in a place where all the action happens outdoors. However, NZ is desperate for some rain, so we took it on the chin, bought a couple of bottles of wine and chilled. The weather in Queenstown is alpine, so cloud+wind=very cold, sun+no wind=very hot. Fortunately for us our second day was sunny so we went bungy jumping. In the bungy photo you will see a tiny speck bottom centre. That isn't either of us!

We then went for a wander around the town and along the waterfront/harbour where we found a market and live music in a park and people sunning themselves. Harry thought it was too good an opportunity to miss. Lunch was a cold beer and a Thai green curry. Yum. Harry then got to play with a German couple at the Queenstown Golf Club where the scenery was absolutely stunning and the course was immaculate. He finished with the same ball, one over handicap (for those that know about these things). I drove the buggy and took photos, so I got to enjoy it without the stress.

The range of activities in Queenstown appears to be endless whether on foot, on skis, on wheels, on water or in the air, and the levels of sport are as gentle or as extreme as you would wish for. It probably costs a fortune to live in Queenstown as it's an all-year-round resort but, as one local said, it keeps out the numpties.

Our next blog will be 'Washday at Wanaka', 'Biggles Dunk' and the breath-taking glaciers.

TTFN - Angela and Harry xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



4th December 2009

Golf
Looks like you were truly in your element on the course Harry.and it sure has stunning views as mentioned in your blog.. I really enjoyed these photos.. Keep them coming.. I must almost be up to date with your travels by now!! By the way it's my birthday on Dec 11th.. If you feel like it you could send a card.. 243 Allan Street. Oakville. On, L6J3P2, Canada.. Cheerio H

Tot: 0.413s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb