Exmouth


Advertisement
Oceania
April 26th 2009
Published: June 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sandy stumbled across a couple of canyons on the way to Exmouth that turned out to be massive. The Charles Knife and Shothole Canyons looking out over Cape Range National Park proved to be breathtaking and a calorie burner all in one. We decided on the 8 km loop and started out early morn as it was gonna be a scorcher. It’s a beautiful national park with flora and fauna to boast. From goats, to birds, spidys and stone pile ons’ to guide you through. The most spectacular views are from the top of the canyons. It took us a while getting up there, and not so long getting down. After a few Coooooyeeeeeee’s and snappy snaps Sandy and I headed back and man was it warm by the time we got to the car. Thirsty , hot and hungry we picnic'd in a shaddy spot for an hour and rested the weary legs . . .

Took a bit of a tour round Exmouth and a late afternoon swim. The spot Sandy picked was littered with big red jellyfish. They were everwhere . . . Sandy tried to convince me they didn't sting, i had the last laugh . . . or should i correct myself and say sandy did when he began picking them up and chucking them at me. . . . boys !!

We headed back to the Bullara Station for a few coldies and were about to call it a night , when the drunk camper next to us , stepped on a stay piece of corry iron and split the bottom of his foot open. Lucky for us there was a nurse camping next to us also and stepped into help. I’m not too bloody, friendly and wouldn’t have been any help as it makes me weak at the knees. I did however help the patient by passing him his beer upon request, whilst Sandy held the light for the little operating table. The patient ended up having to go into Exmouth hospital any who, I tell you what, what a drama that night was for all campers. We were about to retire for the second time that night when the drunk station hand almost drove into our fire. He was spastic drunk and driving round the farm looking for anyone to drink with. The next few hours were the funniest. The stories this fella had were out of this world. He had been on the station for over 40 something years and the shit he said he did . . . you' wouldn't read about. Such as growing cannibis crops , swimming with crocs and all the rest, as you'd imagine . . . another carton later he trotted off and Sandy and I finally got some shut eye. . . .

Did i mention this station has an outdoor shower and toilet for campers . . . You get to shower under the stars !!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Bullara Station Bullara Station
Bullara Station

A nice couple who run the station have recently refubished the ol shearing quarters and cleared the land for camp sites. They also have an outdoor shower and toilet. It's very impressive.


19th June 2009

fuunnnyyy
look like yous had a ball but i hav to say tash maybe you could have worn more sunscreen aye haha jks but seriously you look a but tomatoy :S also not so sure about the adverturman and lady maybe you should of thought of something that fits you a bit more ummm maybe like SPAZ 1 AND 2 hahha i love and miss yous both little sis jess xxooxx

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb