Arrowtown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
November 15th 2016
Published: November 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Following our "adventure" on the coast we headed inland yesterday via Gore (quick caffeine stop in an attempt to sooth the frayed nerves), on to a pretty little place called Arrowtown.
Developed in the 1800's due to gold mining in the area, it has a feel of an American town. Tree lined residential streets with clean, sharp lines of modern architecture, in contrast to the quaint high street with pretty wooden old fashioned buildings. A beautiful little place, surrounded by mountains and very geared to tourism.

Needless to say we ended up having a very early night last night after our 2am wake up call. I think 36 hours on, the adrenalin has settled and we are feeling calmer. I can only imagine how the people of the upper south Island, particularly Kaikoura, which remains shut off, must be feeling. I believe the New Zealand Red Cross are raising funds to help all those affected - if you do feel able please do donate to them.

Thanks to all those who have contacted us to check we are OK. We are fine but will be staying south of Christchurch until next Monday when we return the campervan to fly on to Singapore early on Tuesday. More blogs as wifi allows until then...

Advertisement



15th November 2016

So glad you are safe and well.
15th November 2016

Message from PD
C, I have to admit to worrying (even though I'm a rough northerner). Couldn't locate your blog but got in touch with Row. Needless to say, I'm very relieved you are doing OK and not in the danger zone. Terrible events, but I suppose it could have been a lot worse casualty wise. Have a wonderful time and go safely. PD x

Tot: 0.581s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb