Day 22 - Bye bye Kosherica - the last day of the cruise (1 January 2013)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
January 1st 2013
Published: January 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Poor Don is really quite poorly. His cold is really rotten. Not quite the start to the new year he would want. We had a quick breakfast and went up on deck to get as much benefit from the sun as possible. The sun may have been shining but the wind was very, very strong. The captain said in his daily broadcast that we were at the tail end of a northerly gale.

I lasted about an hour and then went into the library to read a page of daf yomi.

Then after lunch we both slept for two hours. We are both ready to start the next stage of our adventure.

Dinner was spent exchanging emails, handing out tips and saying farewells in case we don't see people at breakfast. We also met the executive chef. When I complained about my shrinking c,othes he said "that's ok - I get paid by the pound!"

Then off to the casino. I ended up for the night with $32 but down $28 for the two weeks. Don thinks I am a cheap date - I could have wanted to go out drinking every night!

We packed our bags and put them outside. Hopefully we will find them tomorrow off ship.

Our sincere thanks to Yehuda, Aliza, Rabbi Caplan (apologies if misspelt), and his team of maschicim, and Rabbi Ulman and the wait staff and kitchen staff of Holland America for making this trip so enjoyable.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0917s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb