Abel Tasman Entry 3


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
November 11th 2012
Published: November 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

11 Nov 2012

Backpacking Day 3

Woke up this morning to the sound of rain hitting the tent. It always sounds like its raining harder then it really is when the rain drops hit the tent. We were able to get another late start because we were going back across the tide land at Torrent Bay and the low tide was not till about 1:45pm. Hiking was pretty much the same as the last few days. All of the landscape is pretty similar to the North West so Tracy and I are a little bored with the hiking. We are both excited and can't wait to get to the mountains. Which I am sure will be the same as the NW but the mountains have rocks that I can climb. Also I have seen plenty of the beach this past summer. One thing that was interesting while we were hiking was all the streams that we went across. Since Tracy surveyed streams this past summer it was interesting to hear what she thought of the streams here and what she did while working.

It took us about an hour and forty minutes to get to Torrent Bay, where we rested for about an hour and waited for the tide to go all the way out. From there it was only another 30 minutes to our campsite. It was pretty windy and cloudy when we set up the tent but the sun came out for a bit before it set and turned out to be a nice evening. We meet three guys camped next to us that met each other here in NZ. They are from Denmark, Germany, and Mexico. I hope to find some people that I can travel and climb with after Tracy and I split up. Heading to our last camp tomorrow and then off the the hostel for a hot shower.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb