OBSERVATION STATION: (1)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
December 15th 2007
Published: December 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

> Is so nice to just stroll on coastal paths passing no one - or lying on a path itself without the usual worry of putting your hand in dog shit - dogs are banned practically anywhere nice!

>Wild flowers - fields and roadside verges abound with natural colour and blossom you just dont see next to England's country roads these days..

>Animals - they just roam on or off the road - the cattle appear naturally scattered (the fields are so vast that fences are somewhere but not seen - unlike our stone walls in England). Wild Turkeys, Hares and Peacocks are plentifull!

> Public Toilets! they are everywhere - but better still, positioned at the beginning and end of popular tourist trek routes/attractions and this time actually stocked sufficiently with toilet paper, soap and working hand driers! (sad to notice but there you go)

> The people - be it the bank woman in Lloyds who offered us a bag of sweets or the man at the fuel station loading our car up, people smile around here and show interest - ask how you are and wish you a good day. Even asking for directions - they really go out of their way to help and always so happy in their ways... - we even got a free piece of cake in a shop celebrating the christmas holiday! can you see that happening in the Spar in England!?!!

>The 'burn' of that sun! especially when there is no cloud cover.

> The generous portions in the food - a meal out might only be a few bucks cheaper but the quantities are much better. Even a cup of tea where they say 'unlimited refills'!

>Beer - only had a pint so far but this stuff called Tui - a combined ale lager - like the ones brewed in Canada. I shall definitly be having this again!

>The roads - so many are unsealed it can get a bit frustrating. The last thing we want is a burst tyre! We nearly pushed it too far yesterday expecting a petrol station but there wasnt one where you expected - e.g off a roundabout/junction /in a village. scary stuff.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.7kb