Skiing In Queenstown New Zealand - Here Are Some Of The Best Resort Areas


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
November 5th 2019
Published: November 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Start the season off right in June by hitting the slopes in Queenstown, New Zealand. Are you planning to visit Christchurch and other attractions, too? Be sure to check out the gorgeous landscapes by taking a helicopter tour as well. As for ski packages queenstown New Zealand, here are some of the best areas of New Zealand to explore.

Canterbury is a great area, and it is where you will find Mt Hutt. Have you heard of the village Methven? South Island skiing is some of the best that New Zealand has to offer. You're certainly going to want to check out Queenstown and all the great skiing it has to offer vacationers.

Also on South Island is The Selwyn District. In total, you can pay a visit to six different ski districts there. Now, you may be thinking that is quite a lot of traveling. Yet you're going to discover that five of these districts are on the same road. It can't get any easier than that when you're looking for all the best ski adventures.

There is Mt Cheeseman, Mt Olympus, Broken River and more. There are some big mountain meccas waiting for you to be sure. Temple Basin would be one of them, and Craigieburn is another. The raw, steep terrain at these ski resorts offers up quite the challenge even for advanced skiers.

If you're looking for something that reminds you of Canterbury, then you will want to pay a visit to Mackenzie. Would you also like to check out an ice rink and ice pools? Mt Dobson and Roundhill are two of the popular ski areas in Mackenzie.

The small town of Central Otago along Lake Wanaka is also an excellent place for downhill skiing. In fact, it's also a wonderful area for cross country skiing. Or how about some snowboarding? Just a heads up, if you're going to explore the backcountry of Lake Wanaka, you might want to hire a winter guide.

In fact, people say hiring a winter guide for that area is essential. You're talking about one of the most beautiful places in New Zealand for skiing, however, and you're still just getting your feet wet. There are plenty more great places to explore.

Don't forget to look into the safety equipment you're going to need, too, especially if you're going to explore the backcountry. Did you know that Lake Wanaka is also conveniently located within an hour of the Queenstown Airport?

South Island is popular because of the simple fact that the ski resort areas are so well developed. This has occurred over time, as more and more people have discovered the slopes that await them on the island and across the country of New Zealand.

You can also check out North Island skiing as well. Are you familiar with Whakapapa and Turoa? The ski village of Ohakune is a wonderful destination to check out during your travels. The season there is five months long, too. Be sure you keep the seasons in mind as you plan your vacation to New Zealand.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.3kb