Common things to see and do in Tauranga, New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
June 23rd 2019
Published: June 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Tauranga is one of the busiest tourist spots in New Zealand. Bay of Plenty has many other cities that are also great for tourism but Tauranga is one of the most favorite because of its beautiful and striking coastline. There is so much that the tourist can explore here from the rich cultural history to the natural beauty of the island.

If you are traveling to Tauranga for the first thing and have no much of an idea about what you are going to be doing there then you must hit the spots mentioned below to explore the most beautiful and amazing places of the city. So let us look at the list of things that you can do and explore Tauranga.

1. Explore the beaches



One of the best things to do in Tauranga is to explore the amazing and peaceful coastline surrounding the city. Most tourists spend their days bathing in the sun and enjoying water sports at the Maunganui and Papamoa beaches. But if you want to go someplace quitter then Waihi Beach is a great option or you.

2. Gear up and Hike



Mount Maunganui has a number of tracks which you can follow to enjoy a moderate level hike. The summit isn’t hard to climb for an average fitness level person so you can easily hick up the summit and enjoy the most amazing views of the city and the coastline. The view is a reward worth the hiking troubles.

3. Art Gallery of Tauranga



If you are can of art then you need to visit the Art Gallery of Tauranga. Even though it has been only around since 2007 but in this short span of time it has proven to be one of the best as it showcases a number of international and local artwork of different styles. The exhibitions are one of a kind thus you don’t want to miss them if you are in the city.

4. Explore the streets




If you love to explore the culture then you must explore the streets of Tauranga because there is so much that you can learn from the locals. You get to explore the vibrant mural street art painted on the walls and the local markets that are filled with the local creations which you should explore as a tourist. You can also visit the farmer’s market if you are in the city during the weekend.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1004.2kb