Backpacking around New Zealand on a Budget


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
May 16th 2019
Published: May 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

When you think ‘New Zealand’, you might immediately think of Hobbits, kiwifruit and sheep. But some of the biggest drawcards of the Land of the Long White Cloud include the stunning scenery, exciting adventure activities, and the hospitality of the people who live here.

Backpacking is a common way to explore New Zealand, simply because of the freedom it offers. Forget being dictated by hotel checkout times and airline luggage limits; carrying your luggage on your back lets you get from A to B quickly and hassle-free.

Of course, as with anywhere in the world, backpacking around New Zealand properly requires a pretty big bank account … right? Well, yes and no. If you don’t have a massive budget, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the best that Aotearoa tourism has to offer. Don’t write off travelling to New Zealand because you think it’s too expensive; here are some tips about travelling around New Zealand on a budget.

Where to Go

It doesn’t matter where in New Zealand you end up, you’ll have the time of your life. From the top of the North Island to the southern-most tip of the South, stunning scenery and landscapes just waiting to be conquered are everywhere. Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast or not, New Zealand has plenty of unique travel experiences on offer. Climb to the top of a mountain, relax at the beach, take a bush walk or kayak from one bay to another.





Auckland CBD view across the harbour. Photo by Advertisement



Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb