Sunday 16th September 2018


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
September 16th 2018
Published: September 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

..and so the journey begins! Bidding emotional farewells to both of our family’s, and boarding the coach to Heathrow ready for a night in an airport hotel.

It still just seems as though we are going on a 2 week holiday, the realisation that our trip is at least 2 years has yet to settle in, despite the fact that our plane departs tomorrow morning.

A cocktail of anticipation, excitement and nervousness is bubbling in my stomach, which can only be settled with a glass of champagne. Luckily we have decided to celebrate our achievements of reaching and achieving our goal by buying a bottle to enjoy in our hotel room tonight!

The bubbles worked us up an appetite. We decided to book an early evening table at the hotel’s restaurant, and opted for the ‘All You Can Eat Mediterranean Buffet’. As always, when you’re overly hungry and have access to as much food as you want, you over indulge on your first plate, and leave little room for anything else!! None the less, it was very tasty, and we got a lovely bottle of Rioja, which we decided we would bring back to the room to finish off.

We finished off the night lounging in our room, feeling lethargic, yet utterly relaxed from the food, the champagne/wine, and the optimistic thoughts of our adventures ahead.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb