The Big Birthday Bash


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
October 1st 2016
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -45.2517, 169.389

Despite all the fantastic things we have seen and done over the last month, it is really hard to beat a gathering of the clan in beautiful Central Otago. Big brother Earl turned 70 (he is much much older than me obviously) and we had all his siblings bar one (she is tripping around France - itchy feet must be a family trait), all his descendants, a couple of cousins, an uncle and his in-laws plus all the Lauder locals. Needless to say it was a riotous weekend with a ton of laughs. I'm the shy one of the family so you can image what the others are like.

It was also special to be able to soak in the big Central Otago landscape, and compare it to what we had seen recently. England is just so genteel in comparison - all smooth and rolling hills, and hazy, no big blue skies there. Iceland is a little more akin. We really are damned lucky here in NZ with the wonderful variety of landscape, clean air and of course animals out grazing.

The last month has been a blast. I hope you have got a sense of the fantastic time we have had. Don't ask me what the highlight was - there are too many to be able to pick any one thing. I am still in love with Iceland but the sense of history, the architecture and grandeur of England amazes me too.

Can't wait for the next trip - already got it booked!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



3rd October 2016

Lovely to catch up.XX P and E.xx

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb