Christchurch and Canterbury / NZL


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
March 7th 2009
Published: March 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Around the world 12 secs
After less than one week in New Zealand we can only say, it's amazing, stunning, incredible, whatever, it's difficult to find the right words if there are any!

We started in the nice city Christchurch, where we spent 2 days, and continued our travels to Banks Peninsula to spend the night at Akaroa. Over the Road 72 we went up to Lake Tekapo, Lake Pukaki and Aoraki Mt. Cook Village, where we spent the night at the modest but nice Unwin Lodge.

Every now and then we stop in order to enjoy the wonderful views into the diversified landscape. Some might say the landscape just looks like it does in our home country Austria, which is really wonderful as well. And somehow they are right, but in New Zealand you just drive on for a few kilometres and the landscape changes significantly in order to impress you with another stunning view on a landscape that could haven taken from any other continent in the world!

Best wishes from New Zealand!
Travelteam
HenC, Evelyne and Christian


Additional photos below
Photos: 129, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Christchurch "Bim"Christchurch "Bim"
Christchurch "Bim"

Actually the track is much shorter than the old lines 1 and 2 in Vienna ;)


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb