Mount Cook, NZ


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
July 29th 2008
Published: August 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got our hire car today, the sprinter, looks like its just about ready to braek down! Also hired oursleves some snow chains, as the snow is suppose to be pretty bad in Queenstoen, hopefully we wont be using them, they dont look fun to put on the wheels!

It was much better having the car not not having to out our stuff on and off of buses. It took us about 4 hours to gtet to Mount Cook and it was freezing cold there when we arrived! We were staying in a really nive lodge and we decieded to brave the cold and go for a walk to a galcier. It was snowing on the walk so we both ,made little snowmen on route. The glacier was really impressive and you could hear it moving.

There was a sauna at the lodge so we went in there in the evening and drank our Chile premier wine and stayed in watching a film, was far too cold be venturing outside.

The next day we were going to go on a longer walk but it was really bad weather so we deceided against that idea and stayed in the hostel for a while before heading to Queenstown.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb