Hamner Springs


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
February 2nd 2008
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we are making our way further up the country and inland to Hamner Springs.

Di's rough guess of a 2 hour drive turned out to be 4 1/2 hours (bit further than she thought) but we arrived at about 4pm and finally found a Hostel. It was pretty wierd as the town seemed quite busy and 2 of the other places we went to were full. But our hostel only had 18 people and it was quite central - strange but at least we got our own dorm room!

We went for a wander but apart from lots of miniture golf courses and a Thermal Pools complex (which we had been in in Roturua) there wasn't much else to do.

As Diane had not been Horse Riding yet and apparently this was advertised as a great place to see the beauty of Hamner, we booked on for a 1 hour Horse Trek tomorrow before we head off to our second to last destination of Kaikoura.

Therefore it was back to the hostel for tonight where we surpassed ourselves by cooking a meal of sauages in a mustard and honey sauce with sweetcorn, broccoli and pasta (yum yum!) and watched some TV.

The quitest day so far really!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb