Greymouth


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
September 27th 2007
Published: October 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

At Montheith's BreweryAt Montheith's BreweryAt Montheith's Brewery

Anyone for a beer?
Next stop was Greymouth again this was by the Tranzalpine along the West Coast which took about five and a half hours and which is apparantly considered one of the great train journeys of the world! Greymouth is a very quiet little place indeed until the evening when I went on a brewery tour which cost only $20 NZD (barry bargain!) and that included the tour itself and a free pint of your favourite beer and a barbeque at a pub afterwards.

The brewery was Montheiths (I think thats how you spell it!) and after the tour they gave everyone 10 minutes to help themselves to their favourite one at the bar afterwards, my favourite Montheiths was one that had an infusion of lemon and lime and a really nice aroma to it! Beings I am not really a beer drinker I managed half in ten minutes now if it was wine that would have been a different story hey!!

Went to the bar afterwards for the free bbq and a few drinks and mingled with the locals some of which were ok but some had obviously been deprived of female company, I suppose being stuck in the middle of nowhere I assume they don't have much choice so we decided to make a swift exit!!!








Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Me and RosMe and Ros
Me and Ros

Cheers!


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb