Westport 19-21/1


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Westport
January 24th 2009
Published: January 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got back on the kiwi bus today to make our way to westport. On the way there we stopped off at Nelson Lakes national park for a walk and a group picnic at rotoiti lake. We were quite lucky as the weather cleared up for us just in time, before raining again when we got back on the bus.

We then had another quick stop at Kilkenny lookout. This looks out on to the Buller river, which apparently can flood to be the biggest river after the amazon.This is also the river we stopped off at a bit further on for some jet boating which was really fun (although I would have liked it to go a little faster).

When we got into westport we found out our room had been given away, however this worked out quite well as we got upgraded to a twin room for two nights and we could finally get some proper sleep. We are the only people, off the bus, who stayed here 2 nights and the town had a deserted eerie feeling to it. There was nothing really to do so we went to the domain scenic walk (which was just pretty much a small square of trees you can walk through), went to the lagoon and the northern beach. The beach was actually quite pretty although not worth stopping off for. Neither of us were very keen on westport although it is the only place we havn't liked in the four and a half months we've been travelling up to know so not bad going. We will both look forward to getting to Punakaiki tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb