Reefton


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » West Coast » Reefton
August 30th 2007
Published: August 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Marie Heads HomeMarie Heads HomeMarie Heads Home

You can't see her, but trust me she is in the passenger front seat giving the driver pointers.
We saw Marie off this morning on the "bus" to Christchurch. She'll be back in Toronto in about 30 hours, no doubt glad to be sleeping in her own bed. We had a fine visit and we are sending her back with a much improved, although still not perfect Kiwi accent. The weather was almost perfect. While Marie was here we had almost no rain (1 mm all last week). However, there has been a real deluge in the last 24 hours to make up for it. It was good weather for Marie to head home.

The house was strangely quiet, as I got caught up the with laundry and scrubbing the mold out of the shower once again.

A bug of some kind is sweeping through the family. Josh came home from school today feeling under the weather. Astrid went to bed last night with a "Lemsip". She was out at a satellite clinic in Ahaura today sporting new fingerless woollen gloves that she had picked up in Southland last week. There is no heat at the clinic and these new gloves proved an excellent addition to her medical kit even though the really cold weather seems to be behind us as we look foward to the coming Spring.

This week in the Clarion the local police expressed concern with the removal of local signage concerning the placement of 1080 (a highly controversial poision designed to reduce the possum population). They wrote: There are some real "clever" people about the area, who have taken it upon themselves to be the Saviour of Mankind, by removing all the warning signs about where 1080 has been laid: Yes - 1080 is a controversial substance ... BUT...it is legal and the operators place the signs in the interest of public safety - as well as being required to by law. (possums can't read, but people can). Cam Woolley could take some communications tips from these fellows.

Advertisement



31st August 2007

Cam
Why do you think Fantino doesn't like Cam?
15th September 2007

Cam
Don't know why ... jealousy?
25th September 2007

mt haast
the photo re-mt haast. is in fact mt ross.
27th September 2007

Mt Haast
Not enough that Tony Fortune can run up the "mountain" that I was so proud of climbing, he quite correctly points out that I put the wrong picture.

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb