QN-WF 16/10/11


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
October 16th 2011
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

QN-WF

After waking up to a great nights sleep at base backpackers, we headed off to explore the beautiful scenery and exciting things to do around Queenstown. We headed up the famous Skyline gondola and were met with 360 degree views of the city and surrounding lakes.

After lunch we set off to the Wakatipu Aero Club to preflight and get a breif from the friendly locals. After briefing ourselfs, we contacted the tower to confirm that they were happy to have a student depart solo for the first time from QN to which they were happy with.
We left on runway 23 with a Caldrona Ski Field departure, it was true what the CAA GAP Publication "In, Out and Around Queenstown" said about taking off on that departure with the mountain range being so close and little room for a light aircraft to climb 6000ft in such a short space.
Within no time we were skyward bound to Wanaka, with clear blue skies.

After a brief 0.9 flight we were touching down in Wanaka. After picketing the aircraft we headed into the township to relax for the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb