Shooting, Puzzles and a great Road Trip again!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
January 10th 2008
Published: January 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It was a cracking day when we woke this morning so chilled by Lake Wanaka before heading to experience some of Wanaka's attractions. Puzzling world and Have a shot... Basically an attraction of optical illusions and then a shooting range...passed a few hours.


It was G's turn to drive today and what a buzz, more stunning scenery, towering mountains with snow capped peaks, winding roads through rainforests, impressive bridges over fast flowing rivers - you get the picture!! It was sensory overload time again......I can honestly say the South Island is the most beautiful of all the places I have visited. We still continue to be blown away every corner we turn!!

We stopped off at the Blue pools for a tramp through the rainforest, and over a swing bridge which was fun, suprisingly we still squirmed when it wobbled a bit too much, despite us thinking we had overcome our fear of heights!

The journey ended at Franz Josef which is a township at the bottom of the Franz Glacier. We checked into a place called the Rainforrest retreat for a night and foudn a bar that was selling wine for $2 a glass and beer for $2.50 a pint - nice.

I write this on the 11th January and we were meant to go on a heli hike up the Glacier, due to the bad cloud cover it has been cancelled and we are a bit gutted 😞( To be fair though we have been so lucky with the weather in the South Island so it was bound to change sometime!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Graham showing offGraham showing off
Graham showing off

all that porridge has finally paid off!!
Blue PoolsBlue Pools
Blue Pools

So Bright I had to close my eyes, and pull a stoopid face!!! ( crap piccie of me, cracking pools!!))


Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0857s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb