Roadtrip To Queenstown and the Routeburn Trek and Milford Sound.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Routeburn Track
February 16th 2008
Published: March 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After an amazing day at the glaciers ....picking up two friends and getting bitten to death by sand flies at our over night stop off we head south to Queenstown stopping at a few walks and falls and generally taking it easy until we reach queenstown ...tired and hungry!!! After a good shopping trip for cheese crackers and wine we find the classiest camping ground in queenstown and set ourselves up for the night!!!!!

The following day we went White river rafting then took the gondola and drank cocktails at the top.....too hungover the next day to think we cruised around queenstown generally wasting time untill we departed with our much loved home of two weeks.....what a sad moment that was.

Me and Chris then headed off for our 3 day trek on the routeburn trail to end the trip on the Milford sound which all was exceptionally incredible.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 78, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Our overnight stop by the lake....Our overnight stop by the lake....
Our overnight stop by the lake....

Tired we stop in the dark by a still lake......not realising the extent of sandflies until being woken after 3 hours sleep to be bitted all over after the mistake of leavuing a side window open....
Another infamous boardwalk....Another infamous boardwalk....
Another infamous boardwalk....

Waiting for the guys to awake at 6 am i take a walk around the lake to teh beach....
The beach.....The beach.....
The beach.....

Pretty grey huh....
The black dolphins i saw off the beach...The black dolphins i saw off the beach...
The black dolphins i saw off the beach...

...although no one believes they are dolphins...
The beautiful lake....The beautiful lake....
The beautiful lake....

Freezing snow melt...so wanted to swim but far to cold ....


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb