Glaciers down to Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
October 23rd 2006
Published: November 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Franz Joseph to Queenstown via Wanaka


Monday. Today - clear skys!!! Efrat and I went around Lake Matherson again and saw the mountains reflected and had a lovely veiw of Fox glacier. We also walked it in a third of the time it took me yesterday. Then we carried on down to Queenstown. We stopped at a cool place in Wanaka called Puzzle world. It was full of optical illusions including a room on the slant where everything looked as if it was rolling uphill. And there was also a big outdoor maze which took over an hour. You had to find all 4 corner towers but the hardest bit was finding the way back out the start at the end. It was 3.5km long but they say most people walk over 5ks trying to find the correct way.
Queenstown is a nice town with a ski type village feel to it. I redeemed my free night at a backpackers as I had stayed 5 nights in the same brand. Unfortunately it was grottier than the others and we didn’t want to use the kitchen so we just had to go out to eat- I know what a shame! We went to Ferge Burger which came highly recommended and my egg, hash brown, avocado ‘burger’ was awesome.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Veiw along the way from the carVeiw along the way from the car
Veiw along the way from the car

mum note Eeyore on the dashboard


Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb