Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
April 3rd 2011
Published: April 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The town of parties. I had a week in Queenstown and I could easily of had more. You just kind of get stuck here going out every night. The only problem we had was that we went to the same 4 bars every day and the music was the same every single night, but it was still fun. Their was one bar we really liked and went in at nearly 5pm every day as the beer was $3 and you sometimes get free food. It was called the cowboy bar (nothing gay) just western tunes and we became regulars.

It was hard trying to do anything as we were always waking up at about 12, so activities were scarce. Whitewater rafting was top of my list in Queenstown and we did the shotover which was grade 3-5, was hoping for a 5 as I did a grade 3 in Slovenia and I think it only reached 3 and a half. Some of the rapids were cool though and the toilet was the best, we got through safely, but one of the rafts behind tipped halfways and some people fell out.

We also did luging again, but it wasn't as good as Rotorua. Made a trip along the lake to Frankton, which wasn't a very interesting town, but the views over the lake were mesmerizing. We also did a 3-4 hour walk around the forest and saw some more stunning views. Nothing much else happened, did some frisbee golf which was kinda fun, one of a view sports which I don't really excel at. Entered some more killer pool comps and managed to win 1, come 2nd twice and get no where in the other. Always nice to play some free pool and win some prizes (drink vouchers). Apart from that it was all about the drinking and my liver is definitely suffering.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb