Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
July 18th 2009
Published: July 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Canyon The Canyon The Canyon

This is the canyon we "swing" through.
So we made it to Queenstown even after our flight was cancelled due to fog. We took a 7 hour bus ride to get here, but it was worth it! This town is very similar to the ski towns in Colorado, all New Zealand schools are off, and top that with the Australia versus New Zealand rugby game tonight! Much going on here. We are about to meet our friends we met on the bus to view the game. Let's just say they are rooting for AU.

But earlier today we took it upon ourselves to do some "adrenaline" type activities. The canyon jump is not what we thought. We thought a nice little trip wire was set up in the forest somewhere all nice and close to the ground. It ends up being 109m off the ground (about 350 ft). Megan decided it was worth the risk and took the plunge....twice. Once she did it head first (sorry mom).

We ended the day with a cool jet ride down the river at almost 80 km/hr. Exhilerating! This place really is the adrenaline capital. Hey, at least Megan didn't sky dive!

We'll be home in three days!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Getting all fitted!Getting all fitted!
Getting all fitted!

There is a lot holding you to those lines.
Head First!Head First!
Head First!

Yes, I dove head first. Not my best decision, but I lived!


19th July 2009

the swing!
We are amazed that you did that dive since you've never even liked roller coasters! We're anxious for you and Tim to come home, but what a great trip!

Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb