Wanaka to Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 16th 2009
Published: February 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

When i woke up Chris had got up and had a coffee, i could hear Jess giggling away near the kitchen, happy to hear they got back safely! Had yummy Nutella on toast for breakfast today before heading to Queenstown.
It was about 2 hours away. When we arrived we went to the two campsites in town but one quoted $18 pp + $2 for shower and the other one $20pp !!!! What a rip off! So we went into town first to have a look around and ask the I centre for some other places to stay. They said these two were the only campsites in town or we could go to a DOC campsite ( Department of Conservation ) the really cheap areas but they have no facilities. Our other option was to go back out to Frankston, on the outskirts and stay there. It was only $28 for the both us there! So tent up for 3 nights ( maybe 4...) and then went back into the town.
I went on the internet for abit and Chris had a walk around. We met up at 4pm to find out more about our trips we had booked. The skydive hadn't booked via the internet so we were lucky we checked, we were told we couldn't do it on Tuesday like we had hoped as the plane was due a service so we booked it for Thursday instead. This meant that the White Water rafting was coming first!!! We went and checked in for the Rafting at the other Office.
Then found a bookstore and bought my last book of the series i was reading ( cheaper here than Oz! ) and a couple of cards. We walked back to the car and dropped into the local supermarket.
Got back had an early dinner as we hadn't had lunch, Chris went for a run then we watched CSI ....Sad we know but we love it!!!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb