Two Days of Action and Adventure


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
December 4th 2008
Published: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are still in Queenstown and as it is suppossed to be the adventure capital of the world we thought we would throw ourselves into it!

On Tuesday evening we went to the Ice Bar in Queenstown, we loved this as this was somewhere we went on our first holiday in Stockholm.
We got into the adventure stuff on Wednesday when we went white water rafting - we went on the Shotover river which has the biggest and best rapids. To get to the entry point for the rafting we had to take a bus journey up this mountain cliff top road which was just wide enough for the bus. We had some great views over the edge of the cliff - The road is so dangerous that rental cars aren't insured on it!
When we reached the point where we got into the water we had a quick safety briefing then dived into the rafts. We rafted 10 miles down the river through some pretty good rapids - it was really good and at one point we could jump into the water and travel over the rapids.

This morning we went Jetboating - Hayley wasn't planning to do this but she got talked into it once we got there and she really enjoyed it. The set-up was similar to what we did in Sydney but it was much better as it was in the shotover canyon with rocks on either side. They aim the boat at the rocks and steer away at the last minute.
This afternoon I also did a Bungy jump - this was an amazing experience. I did the jump on the original bungy site off a bridge into some water. I wasn't really nervous until I stood up on the ledge looking down at the water below me. The scariest part is where you jump off the bridge and you are heading face first into water and then the rope snaps you back just before you hit the water! It is an amzing experience you go from really scared to elated in about half a second!

Link for Bungy Video -


We have less than 2 weeks left of our trip now and it will be sad once it is over. We have just over a week left in NZ and then we head to Singapore for a few days before getting back to the UK.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

In the WaterIn the Water
In the Water

We are in the 2nd Row
In the BoatIn the Boat
In the Boat

We are in the back right corner - close to the action!


11th December 2008

Amazingggggg!!!
You'll wanna warm beer now!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb