Sky Platform


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
April 16th 2008
Published: April 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 24 - Queenstown

A relaxing day was in order today so after a lie in we decided to head up and go on the gondola up to the sky view platform. The gondola is quite small and steep and to be honest not the safest feeling I've ever had but we made it safe and sound. Once at the top the view of Queenstown is great. Kit was especially excited to watch the paragliders jumping off the mountain. Kit also took part in the luge which is basically a kart on wheels around a bendy track down the hill while I was on photographer duty (through choice mind you!). We then decided to continue the mini golf challenge we had started in Taupo and went to the indoor course which has all the moving models. Unfortunately I was once again pipped at the post for the title and so far it is 2 nil to Kit (best out of 5 then....) We came across a Irish pub which thanks to some basic knowledge made us both laugh and go for a beer at 'Pog Mahones' .



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



27th April 2008

Paraglider
You know how to cheer Tom up, don't you?..... NOT!!! He was SO envious of the paraglider and can't wait for his holidays this year - I haven't told him that I'm thinking of Norfolk - no hills for him to leap off, LOL, he'll have to leave his paraglider behind for once!
28th April 2008

Cheer up the grumpy git
If you want to cheer dad up even more then tell him he can do it anywhere as there is no restriction on take off points!

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb