Lich Does Hackett Bungy!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
March 10th 2008
Published: March 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Lich Belts Up! 37 secs
2: Lich's Bungy Jump! 77 secs
3: Let Go Thomas! 61 secs
4: Jump Thomas! 13 secs
5: Go Thomas! 6 secs
We left Queenstown and headed off to see Mt Cook Village, stopping overnight at a dodgy camp in Twizel. After a nice lunch at the Old Mountaineer's Cafe in Mt Cook Village (which the late Sir Edmund Hillary frequented) we decided to make our way toward Christchurch, staying over night at Timaru, on the east coast.

Once we'd got to Christchurch, we realised that we'd arrived at our final destination somewhat prematurely, given that we still had 4 weeks left, and that lots of visitors to NZ manage to tour both North and South Islands in that time.

We decided to go and find our hearts (and Jo & To's!) where we'd left them, back in Arrowtown. Back for some more gold panning and fudge!

And as today is our 2nd wedding anniversary the Lichmeister decided to mark the occasion by chucking himself off a very high bridge, the Kawarau Bridge that is, with the AJ Hackett Bungy .

'See, you've driven me to it! Two years is enough, I can't stand any more! And you won't let me get a Jet Ranger. Just one, that's all I want, and an R44 for popping to the shops. I'm not asking for too much am I!'

Fearless as he is, the Lich did a marvelous swallow dive off the platform, touched the water and then did a few spins to show off. Not one bit phased was he. Not put off at all by the 43 metre drop.

So now, the Lich is a proud owner of an AJ Hackett t-shirt and certificate stating he's 'no Average Joe'. (I think I'll stick with being average thank you).

What else does one do after jumping off a bridge in Queenstown? Go and get some more fudge from the Remarkable Sweet Shop! Just another ordinary day really...





Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

On the EdgeOn the Edge
On the Edge

'....wave to the camera!'
DivingDiving
Diving

'... just like diving off the Empire Pool top board!'
Kid in a Sweet ShopKid in a Sweet Shop
Kid in a Sweet Shop

Lich gets his reward for being a good boy!


11th March 2008

Birdman
Woohoo!! nice one stevo....it must be all that fresh air.....it's made you go mad!!!!!
11th March 2008

respect !
I am sooo impressed with my brother-in-law, how cool was that bungie jump ? ! X
11th March 2008

Cheers Lynn!
Had to be done! xx Stevo :-)
12th March 2008

bungeeeeee
OH MY GOD!!!! Fantastic jump, Jules when are you doing yours!!!! Also what about poor thomas??

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb